Thursday, December 15, 2011

Paris and the Perigord Noir.

Headed to France next week for a visit and some family time. Making up a list of things to see in Paris and stocking up on books to read at Rastignac in the south west. Looking forward to the Puces, and to Colette. I also have to visit Herve Gambs to get some candles for a friend. Hoping to get some really nice French things, drink lovely local wines, and eat. Boy am I going to eat. Reservations made at Brasserie Bofinger for the night I arrive after my torturous 24 hours of travel with American Airlines.


The fabulous Chateau de Rastignac where I'll be sitting by the fire and going for walks in the country.

Maybe I'll find one of these in a trash heap or something. The undying optimism of a picking cheapskate. One of these and I could buy myself a place to live.


Heck it doesn't have to be a $300,000 Prouve. I'd love to stumble on some Mouille, Perriand, Corbu, or a longtime favorite the Lalannes. I've wanted a Rhinoceros II desk since I was just a little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment